QUESTION: What is a vacation property rental in Adirondack Park?
Adirondack Park has approximately 132,000 year-round residents, and about 200,000 seasonal residents. Many of the Adirondack homeowners choose to rent their non-primary residencies to the travelers (typically on a nightly or weekly basis, though monthly or even seasonal rentals are also available). Such vacation property rentals provide the coziness and privacy of home, while amenities often rival and exceed those of the hotels.
We nickname them “cabins” for ease of reference and respect for tradition, however, vacation properties in the Adirondacks are very diverse: ranging from rustic to luxurious, from intimate cottages for two to grand lodges with unmistakable “Great Camp” flare.
Vacation properties of the Adirondacks offer great value and quality in a unique setting.
QUESTION: How it works?
Finding your perfect “cabin” with Adirondack Rent-A-Cabin is easy.
Here is how it works:
- Explore your options:
- Look up the properties. See How to search for a vacation property? for details.
- See detailed property card for description, list of amenities, photos, rates and availability.
- Read the reviews of past guests to see how they liked this property.
- Review and compare properties to find the perfect fit.
- Contact a few properties before settling on one.
TIP: We recommend contacting at least 5-7 properties to make sure you get the perfect place. Did you know that you can send an inquiry to multiple properties in one go? No need to re-type or copy-paste your query–check the properties you like, fill in the inquiry form just once and hit “Send inquiry”. This option is available only to registered users, please Sign Up.
- Book your “cabin”:
- After contacting several properties, you will receive responses from the owners confirming terms and availability.
- Confirm the booking to the property owner.
- Some owners may send you a rental agreement to be signed, while others may be just ok without it. Whichever is the case, once you confirm the booking, both you and the property owner are deemed to be bound by the terms of your booking.
TIP: Please review the property terms and policies carefully before making a booking. Important things are cancellation policy, pre-payment, damage and/or pet deposit, cleaning policy/fee. Note that by default all the properties on this site have adopted NO SMOKING policy.
- Send your pre-payment:
Most owners request a small deposit to confirm the reservation. Normally the owners will ask you to mail a check, or pay by PayPal; few will accept credit card payments.
- Check in and enjoy your stay:
- Get the keys. Some property owners will personally greet you upon arrival; however, usually you will find the keys deposited in a lock box or with the caretaker.
- Be the perfect guest. Please treat the “cabin” as your own home: with care and love; leave it as you found it – clean and cozy.
Ask us! Feel free to contact us for advice or information if you have any doubts or questions regarding your booking.
QUESTION: How to search for a vacation property?
You have several search options available:
1). Search for a specific Adirondack region or town from our homepage (you may use basic search by dates, sleeping capacity, number of bedrooms or price range; and add advanced search criteria if amenities, pet policy or settings are of essence).
2).Not sure where to go but know what you want to do? Check matching properties conveniently bundled by activity type from our Things to Do section.
3). Travelling in the next 2 weeks? Browse our Last Minute deals for great discounts and/or free nights.
4). Need a recommendation? Look for your perfect getaway in Featured properties.
Or create a traveler’s account and start building your list of favorite properties to enjoy and keep returning.
QUESTION:How to create a traveler’s account on Adirondack Rent-A-Cabin?
You can easily create a traveler’s account here. You will be prompted to choose the type of account (pick “Traveler”), create a username and password, fill in basic info – and off you go! Want to start right away? Sign up using your Facebook account.
Creating a traveler’s account is easy, convenient and absolutely free.
Here are the benefits:
- My Favorites (Save the properties you like or consider booking. Easily retrieve them for your next vacation, be it in a month or a year. No need to start your search from scratch, and you can send the inquiry in one go to multiple properties).
- My Reviews (Let the other travelers know how you liked the property. Help the travelers make the right choice, and encourage property owners to perfect their service. Only registered travelers can post reviews. The list of your reviews is kept in your account, so you can go back and check it anytime).
- Recently Viewed (Don’t remember the name of that cozy cabin you saw on the website the other day? No probs, we’ll keep the track of your viewed properties for you).
- Stay informed. Don’t miss the deals. (Be the first in line for our promotions and coupons, get the latest news by subscribing to the monthly digest. Only for registered travelers).
…and more to come (My Bookings etc.).